Care & Services: Fitness Therapy
The Fit-as-a-Fiddle program provides the opportunity for older adults to maintain and maximize their physical independence through guided exercise.
A licensed Physical Therapist provides a comprehensive evaluation and develops an individualized exercise program to start you on the right path. The cost of the initial evaluation is covered by some insurance providers.
- Pool Program: Develop your endurance and strength in a warm water environment with the guidance of the Fit as-a- Fiddle trainer. Help getting into and out of the pool is provided. We recommend 2-3 weekly sessions for optimal benefit.
- One-on-One Exercise Sessions: Get Fit in the Vitality Center, while walking through your community, or in your own home. Exercises are adjusted to your current activity level and modified as you progress in strength, stamina and endurance. A minimum of 3 weekly sessions is recommended for maximum benefit.
To get started, simply call the Fit-as-a-Fiddle coordinator at (503) 441-9474 to schedule your initial evaluation or send us an email at Fit@GenerationsLLC.com.
Fall Prevention Program
Falls are the leading cause of injury deaths and the most common cause of injuries and hospital admissions for trauma among older adults. But you can do something to prevent these falls from happening in the first place.
Our Fall Prevention Program involves a comprehensive evaluation of your overall fall risk using our state-of-the-art Biodex Balance System and specialized assessments based on recommendations of the American Geriatrics Society.
How it works:
- Our therapists will design and instruct you on a personalized exercise program based on principles that have been clinically proven to reduce fall risk.
- Upon completion of your personalized Fall Prevention Program, you will be re-evaluated to assess your progress.
- Your program results are then communicated to your physician.
To learn more about the program or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (503) 654-1939 or email Fall@GenerationsLLC.com.